- Mix lemon juice Shan Fish Biryani Mix and garlic. Apply the mixture to the fish and set it aside to marinate for half an hour.
- Heat half a cup of ghee/oil and fry 2 sliced onions for few minutes. Then add marinated fish, green chilies and fresh coriander. Fry until oil separates from the masala. Stir in yogurt. Cover and cook on medium heat until the fish is tender. Avoid over stirring the fish.
- Separately: Take 2 tablespoons of ghee/oil and fry the soya leaves for about 2 minutes. Add 12 glasses of water and 2 tablespoons salt. Bring to boil and add the soaked rice. Cook until the rice is three quarter tender. Then drain the liquid thoroughly.
- Spread half the rice in a pot and evenly pour the cooked fish and masala over it. Then spread and cover it with remaining rice.
- Heat the remaining 1 cup oil/ghee and fry the remaining 1 sliced onion until golden. Pour this evenly over the rice. Cover and cook on low heat until the rice is tender.
Write Your Own Review